Friday, March 21, 2008

updates!

Wow, completely forgot about doing this! Some updates:

A Title!
I've decided to call my book, Dada a week or so ago =) One of the first words that - hopefully - a baby will say! I sketched a potential cover for it. I'm thinking of debossing it, but still unsure. I plan to vectorize my sketch and make it more abstract.



Endpapers!
Visited the Paper Place on Tuesday, found some really pretty paper for my endpapers. Mike Tjioe walked in about 10min after me, random!

Endpapers: Part 2
I realized the next day that I didn't need pretty paper because my original intent for the endpapers was hand-lettering of different reactions guys would have to finding out they've gotten someone (regardless of the relationship) pregnant. As a joke they're all negative comments =P

So...
I sketched some stuff for my endpapers!



I've yet to start InDesign-ing though, which really worries me! *pout*

I've resorted to all-nighters at both campuses to get stuff done so I can actually start designing! Ack! So much to do! =(

2 comments:

miker said...

I really like the endpages with the quotes! They're really funny.

Just wondering, are they supposed to be read in a succession? Or just randomly.

If you read top to bottom in coloumns it works and is really funny as a conversation. Maybe that was the plan and I'm just saying something like "Reading left to right really works in this book!"

Anyway, said too much already.

cassandra said...

oh it was supposed to be random (i just drew em randomly). but its funny that you read it that way! *considering*