Sunday, March 23, 2008

inspiration

Stores are closed today. Should've known!

Luckily... a 24hr Shoppers nearby was open! I couldn't find a good image of the spreads from GQ. My dad didn't have a copy at home and told me to check out the store. So I did. They didn't have GQ.

They had Esquire.

Wow, it's pretty nice! I felt so weird looking at all these men magazines, but ah well! The thing I noticed about Esquire was that it just screamed "MAN". Yknow what I mean? Like it just looks like a man did it. I don't know... I guess I'm weird. But I want my book to have that same feel, something sophisticated and masculine. I'm borderline tomboy now, aren't I?

The plan:
- finish manuscript tonight!
- plan out chapter openings!
- finalize typefaces!

By the end of the week:
- book done?

...I'm rather insane I think.

No comments: